Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dear Friend

September 17th,2008

Dear friend,

I am writing to you because I believe you are the only one who can truly understand me. I used to feel so young and so free, but now I feel like I'm losing it. My life has become hard and I often keep everything bottled up inside, because I feel like no one will listen except for you. I used to feel like I could do anything and that I had control over everything, but in the last 4 months things have gone downhill and I have hidden the person I really am. I've started to go to school and that is something I have always looked forward to, but I also started a job which has now taken over my life. I feel like "life" for me has become my work and my school. I've always wanted to be busy and have a good job, because I like to make money, but at a certain point it has gotten to be too much and now I find myself here alone, writing to you, because I feel that you would understand, because you know the struggles and obstacles of life. I don't generally let people in my head and let them know how I feel, but I guess I just need to know that I can relate to someone out there and that someone has the same feeling as me. The feeling that I'm locked up in a cage and even though I hold the key to change it, I continually don't, because I feel that I'm a strong person and can handle it. You of all people should know what I feel like, because me and you are much alike when it comes to our feelings. Within the next couple months I hope I get a better understanding for what life is really about and maybe that will help me become a stronger person, someone who isn't constantly tired and stressed. I'm too young to start my life off like this so I feel it's time for a change and I think you can help. Everyone learns the secrets of life on their own and others find it through writing down their feelings and having a friend like you who can help. So, I guess the real reason I wrote this letter, is because I finally feel like dealing with these problems on my own is not as helpful as it will be sharing them with you.

With best regards,
Jebidiah

No comments: